Saturday, September 10, 2011

Here and overwhelmed.

Well I have been here since Friday evening. I feel like Im in a spainsh soap opre because I dont understand anything for the most part. My family here is very nice and caring and trying even though we cant communicate much. I need to hit the library for childrens books. They listen to alot of the same music we do. My little brother loves video games and pokemon and his wii. Im in Brasilia right now. I shouldve brought a working watch because I never know what time it is. There is no air conditioning in any house Ive been in. My Uncle George here tonight was helping me with some basic portuguese. I am still emotional and talking on the phone is difficult. Not speaking alot isnt my norm so maybe that will be my motivation to learn portuguese. I start school on monday so pray for me. My house is an apartment and reminds me of something like you would see in New York. They told me about Carnival around Brasilia they just like the days off for vacation not big into the parties. They love juice here and fruit. Im excited for Doce Deleta. Keith Urban is playing right now. For not having phone plans they have nice phones. They drive like mad men they dont stop at Pare(stop) signs. Tons of round abouts. No parking is an E crossed out. Its 0:06 here or 1:06 so were going to bed. I cant get on the computer alot but its probably for the best. I love all you guys so much and will talk when I can. I need to ask them about razers because in their showers I cant find one so I wonder if they wax everything. I hope not or Ill be a hairy mamojamma. There is no apostrophe on the keyboard. But there is the things over the a and under the c. Goodnight America I love and miss you all. Im not scared here and I think I will love it but right now its just so different and takes getting use to. Spanish is like portuguese but the pronunciation is nothing alike. Jet lag is kicking my butt and my host mom Anne doesnt think Im eating enough but I do they eat all the time. Vamos dormir to go to sleep thats what Im doing now. Then something like church tomorrow. It is japanese based you have to wear socks to go in you pray facing the temple and clap and bow during the prayer. Ati logo See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment